As promised here are some of the dates I will be out and about at local craft fairs in the coming weeks:
- Saturday 4th November - Flemingate Craft Fair, Beverley 11.00am – 4.00pm
- Sunday 5th November - Leven Craft Fair, Sports Centre, 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 11th /12th November - Langlands Garden Centre, Shiptonthorpe 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Saturday 25th November - Age UK Christmas Coffee Morning, Walkington Village Hall 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 2nd /3rd December – Flemingate Christmas Craft Fair 11.00am – 4.00pm
I can’t believe it is this time of year again! The summer has left us and we can now begin to look forward to stunning autumn colours.
- The main news this month, for me, though, is the annual exhibition for the Viewfinders Photographic Society (VPS), the photography club I belong to. It is always a very busy time, with our exhibition being open for 3 full days (see details on the poster below). As well as a fantastic display of images from our very talented and diverse members, some of us also have a presence with a range of cards and mounted / framed photographs available for purchase. There is always a warm welcome at Skidby Village Hall, so if you are within striking distance, do come over and say ‘hello’!
- Two other local projects I have been involved in recently include the annual Burnby Hall Gardens (Pocklington) calendar, in which I have a photograph – I am ‘Miss’ July, so do have a look on their website or visit the gardens to see the whole calendar.
- I have also been involved in submitting images for a regional project aimed at increasing the public’s awareness of dementia. ‘Looking Beyond’ aims to promote a better understanding of the needs of those suffering with dementia by presenting thought-provoking images which will be displayed throughout Hull and East Riding during the coming months. Do look out for it in your area. It begins on the 1st October in Beverley and will continue on through galleries, libraries, shopping centres, transport hubs, etc. I have several images which have been included in the display.
- Please also watch this space for upcoming details of craft fairs I will be attending in the next few months
All the best
Well, it has been awhile since I updated the site as life has been busy in all kinds of ways, but now is the time to ‘get on the road again’ with my photography! Spring in all its glory is all around us and presenting plenty of opportunities for trying to capture something of the colour and new life all around us.
New range of panoramic cards
I am launching a new range of general greetings cards in the same large panoramic format (12 x 4 ins) as the surfing cards that were launched last year. These new cards represent images from local scenes in East Yorkshire, along with a variety of images from other areas of the country. These have all been well received so far, and I will be looking to collect even more in the next few months for launch in the autumn. Click here to view the Spring 2017 panoramic cards range.
Upcoming Craft Fairs and Exhibition
I will be at the Flemingate Shopping Centre Craft Fair in Beverley on Saturday 1st April (10.30am – 4.00pm). I hope to be at several more of these throughout the year – they are all held on the first Saturday of the month. Whilst unable to be there in May, I am certainly hoping to be there in June, July and August.
Exhibition at Burton Constable Hall 26th August to 19th Sept 2017
I am very excited to be sharing exhibition space with 3 of my photographic colleagues later this year at this prestigious and beautiful stately home in east Yorkshire! The Hall has had a high profile recently as part of the Hull City of Culture programme of events. It is a beautiful place to visit with vast parkland to explore as well as the house itself, a great gift shop and tearoom, and, of course, a new exhibition space! I will look forward to seeing some of you there! See www.burtonconstable.com for more information.
Several things to mention this month regarding up and coming events, and the launch of a new range of my ‘panoramic’ cards ready for autumn and Christmas!
Exhibitions and Craft Fairs:
- I have a new set of images up in the Wolds Gallery, Bainton, throughout October, and until 17th November. In addition to the framed selection on the walls, there are a number of mounted prints available to view in the gallery’s browser. Some of the images have a definite ‘seasonal’ theme to them!
- The current list of craft fairs I will be attending are:
Sunday 6th November: Leven Craft Fair, The Sports Centre: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Saturday and Sunday 12th /13th November: Langlands Garden Centre, Shiptonthorpe 10.00am – 4.00pm
Saturday and Sunday 3rd/4th December: Flemingate Craft and Artisan Fair, Flemingate, Beverley 10.00am – 4.00pm
New ‘panoramic’ Cards:
- Following on from the success of the range of surfing images I had printed earlier this year, I have now added a number of additional images, including several particularly focused on Beverley, as well as some coastal images a bit further afield!
I aim to get these displayed on the website as soon as possible, but they will all be available at the craft events in the coming weeks. The Beverley Tourist Board also have a small selection in their shop in Beverley, close to Wednesday Market.
Look out for more news on these…!